Self-Quarantined and Essential Workers – A Break In Routine
Ok, Home Self-Quarantine, or for Essential Job Workers, the change in daily routine can play tricks on your minds.
Some of you have found “spring clean my work-space“ or, “at-home projects” where you find yourself “organizing” places at home that haven’t been “organized” for far too long. And, it’s been my experience that sometimes, moving things around that haven’t been moved for a long time is that it stirs up memories of times gone by. For example: when you wiped the dust off of those records - you do remember records and albumens (that’s right I misspelled it, like in “Grease”). How about: (Can you name the artists?)
· “Splish, Splash, I’m having a flash.” (Maybe for the at-risk population.)
· Or, “Mrs. Brown, You’ve Got A Lovely Walker.”
· And then, “You’ll Get Along With a Little Help From Depends” (IKR that was Ringo right)
· “Denture Queen”, that was by ABBA, right
· And, one of my favorites, “Bald Thing” by the Troggs. (IKR)
Man, where have these been? (It's cabin fever.)
Not to leave out my Country music pals, how about this stack I uncovered? I’m sure some of these hits even
Non-country music fans enjoy:
· “I Keep Forgettin’ I Forgot You”
· “How Can I Miss You If You Won’t Go Away?”
· “I’m So Miserable Without You, It’s Like Having You Here”
· “My Girl Ran Off With My Best Friend, And I Miss Him”
· “If You Leave Me, Can I Come Too?”
· “If Your Phone Don’t Ring, You’ll Know It’s Me.”
I can tell you are laughing hard. Let’s all sing along.
Ok, I’ll end with a short story. A Grandfather was visiting with his grandchildren. He asked his grandson to hand him the newspaper. The grandson responded, “Grandpa, don’t you know no one reads newspapers anymore. Here take my iPad. The Grandpa did just that. Then, he said, “That fly never knew what hit him.”
On a more serious subject, these are trying times. Stop what you’re doing long enough (even if you are doing nothing yourself), to check on your neighbor and co-worker.