I hope the new year brings you all sorts of gifts that you won’t find under a tree, like health, inner peace, personal growth, and prosperity. And may all of you find love.
We will have 51 more weeks in 2022 for business-related lessons. This week, let’s take a lighthearted look at messaging and marketing:
· “Be back in 5 minutes. Sit! Stay! Veterinarian’s office
· “This truck is full of political promises.” A Sign on a Septic tank truck.
· “The best place in town to take a leak.” Sign in a Radiator repair shop.
· “Drive carefully! We’ll wait.” Funeral Home sign.
· “The best way to get back on your feet: miss a car payment.” Car Dealership.
· “Salesmen welcome! Dog food is expensive.” IKR On homeowner fence.
· “Don’t sleep with a drip; call your plumber.” (You figure this one out.)
· “7 days without GOD makes one weak.” Church billboard.
· “No appointment necessary. We heard you coming.” Muffler Shop sign.
· “If you don’t see what you’re looking for, you’ve come to the right place.” An entrance sign at an Optometrist’s office.
I bet some of you think finding these gems is easy. If so, let me point you at a sign on the wall of a roadside café: “If our food, drinks, and service aren’t up to your standards, please lower your standards.” I’m always on the lookout.
OK, OK, enough already. Coming next week, a serious newsletter, seriously.
Don’t just hope for a great year. Make it a great year.